A Sweet Tale About Dragons, Apples and Raisins
Makes 4 servings:
-6 oz. of dessert rice
-3 oz. of raisins
-2 sweet apples
-4 tablespoons of butter
-2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
-1 teaspoon of grated orange peel
-4 tablespoons of sugar
-1 pint of milk
-4 tablespoons of cream
-1 bottle of Gulden Draak
Dark Triple ale 11.2 oz.
How to prepare:
- Put the raisins in 2/3 of the beer, and let them soak for 2 hours.
- In a cook pot add the rice, milk, vanilla sugar and the orange peel. Cook over medium heat until rice is done (15 to 20 minutes). Stir once in a while. - In the mean time peal the apples, get out the core, and cut in round slices of 1/3 inch thick.
- Add the beer and the raisins in the rice mix. Stir with whisk. Cook over medium low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Put half of the butter in a frying-pan, let it melt and put the apple slices in the pan. Brown the apples at both sides at medium heat. When brown, sprinkle the sugar over the apples, and let it caramelize, low heat.
- Add other half of the butter and the cream in the rice mix and stir.
- Serve with the apples on top of the rice on individual warmed plates
Serve with a cooled Gulden Draak. Cheers!