Scottish Cheese Fondue
Makes 4 servings:
One 11.2 oz bottle of Silly Scotch Ale.
10 oz cheddar cheese
4 oz blue cheese
7 oz emmenthal cheese, grated
1 tablespoon of corn starch
1 tablespoon of milk
4 celery stems, rinsed and minced
2 apples and 2 pears, hard
2 baguettes - bread
How to prepare:
- heat the beer in a pot.
- mince the cheddar and the blue cheese. Put into beer together with the emmenthal cheese.
- melt slowly, while stirring with a wooden spoon on a regular basis.
- don't peel the apples and the pears. Take out the heart. Cut in pieces.
- cut the bread into pieces.
- mix the corn starch in the milk, and stir this mixture into the fondue. By further stirring while the heating is going on, get the liquid to become thicker and stickier.
- Pour the content of the heating pot into a nice wide serving pot, that you need to keep on a heating plate to keep it warm and melted.
- Each person dips in his on pace the pieces of bread, apple, pear and celery into the Scottish cheese Fondue and enjoys. So much more fun with a glass of Silly Scotch Ale.