A Pirate's Valentine Lobster
Makes 2 servings:
* 2 living lobsters, about 1.25 pound each
* a loaf of French bread
* ingredients to prepare lobster
- 3 stalks of celery cut in pieces
- 1 stalk of leek cut in pieces
- 1 medium size onion cut in pieces
- 2 red jalapeno hot peppers cut in small pieces
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 thyme
- 1 bottle Piraat Triple IPA Ale 11.2 oz.
* ingredients for the sauce:
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 quarter cup whisky
- 1 quarter cup Piraat Triple IPA Ale
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
How to prepare:
- Start with preparing the lobster by filling a large cook pot with 3 quarts of water and the bottle of Piraat Ale. Add the lobster veggies and a dash of salt. Bring to boil, and let it boil for a couple of minutes. Lower the living lobsters, head first in the boiling mixture in one movement. Rubbers stay on claws.
When water boils again let it boil for 15 minutes. Fish your lobsters from the pot with any handy utensil and place them on a plate. They should be red to pink in color. Be careful: don't dump the liquid until you're sure your lobsters are done.
- While the water is coming to a boil prepare your sauce veggies, and right after you put the lobsters in, prepare the sauce. Melt the butter in a deep pan. Add all the sauce veggies and pepper and salt, and sauté the mixture for about 2 minutes. Add the whisky, and immediately flambé. Let it burn for 10 seconds and then blow out the fire or dose it with the beer. Reduce to half by boiling and stirring on a regular basis. Add cream, add a dash cayenne pepper, the basil and salt, and let simmer until thick for about 15 minutes. Lobsters and sauce are ready at about the same time.
Split the lobster open in half and put on individual plate, put sauce in individual dipping cup and place on plate. Add slices of the French bread, and some green salad. Serve each person a glass of Piraat Triple IPA. Cheers!