Penne with Herby Scallops and Wittekerke
Makes 4 servings:
- 4 oz. Low fat fromage frais
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 12 large scallops
- 1 bottle or can (12 oz) Wittekerke beer
- 1/4 pint fish stock
- salt, black pepper and Sambal Oelek paste
- parsley sprigs to garnish
How to prepare:
1. to make the sauce, mix the mustard, garlic, line juice, parsley, chives and seasoning together with the fromage frais in a bowl.
2. Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water until ‘al dente’. Drain.
3. Slice the scallops in half, horizontally. Keep the coral whole. Put the Wittekerke and fish stock into a saucepan and heat to simmering point. Add the scallops and cook very gently for 3 to 4 minutes. (When you cook too long, the scallops will toughen.)
4. Remove the scallops. Boil the beer and the stock to reduce by half and add the sauce to the pan. Heat gently to warm, then return the scallops to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
5. Divide the penne on four plates, and spoon the sauce and scallops over. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
6. Drink a Wittekerke with your meal.