Watercress Beer Soup
Makes 6 servings:
- 1 big leek
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 3 bundles of watercress
- 4 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 4 table spoons of fresh cream.
- 4-6 cans of Bavik
How to prepare:
- Wash and cut the leek in one inch long pieces. Same with the celery stalks. Peel the onion and cut in big pieces. Cut the roots of the watercress, and wash the leafs.
- Put 3 cups of water and 1 cans of Bavik beer in your pot, add the veggies and the bouillon cubes and bring to a boil. Then turn heat to medium for another 15 minutes while stirring the veggies under the liquid a couple of times.
- Purée until smooth with your blender. Add 3 more cans of Bavik beer. Warm but do not boil, add pepper and salt to taste. Add the cream just to soften up. Stir and ready.
- Important remark. By replacing water by beer, you add bitterness of the hops to the taste of your soup, and the hoppier the beer, the more bitter the soup may end up. Experiment to find your comfort level.
Serve the trout with the leek and cooked potatoes and a cooled Wittekerke. Cheers