Roast Beef in Peturs Old Brown
Makes 4-5 Servings
- 2 lb Lean Beef Roast, tied for roasting
- 3 yellow onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Petrus Old Brown
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Season the beef with salt & pepper
- Place in a roasting pan with the onions and olive oil
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Pour the Petrus Old Brown into the pan and stir into the juices
- Continue to roast for another 10 minutes longer for medium rare, or until done until your liking
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cutting board
- Let rest for a few minutes, then cut across the grain into thin slices
- Arrange on a warm platter with onions.
- With a large spoon, skim iff any fat from the pan juices. Place the roasting pan on the stove top over medium heat for a few minutes, scraping up any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Pour the juices into a bowl and server along side the roast.