PREMIER BELGIAN BREWERY VAN HONSEBROUCK SELECTS GLOBAL BEER NETWORK TO LEAD BRAND DISTRIBUTION IN THE U.S.
Premier Belgian Brewery Van Honsebrouck
Selects Global Beer Network
to lead brand distribution in the U.S.
Labels include Bacchus, Brigand, Cuvee du Chateau, Kasteel and St. Louis
Middleton, Mass. – (February 11, 2014) – For nearly 150 years, Brewery Van Honsebrouck has defined the craft of Belgian beer. The brewery has now named Global Beer Network, America's premier Belgium beer importer, to lead distribution and brand growth in the U.S. The move adds several new beer labels to imports from Global Beer Network, including:
- Bacchus, an old Flemish brown beer with 4.5 percent alcohol by volume (ABV).
- Brigand, a golden-blond beer (9 percent ABV).
- Kasteel Donker, a dark beer with 11 percent ABV.
- Cuvée du Chateau, which is Kasteel Donker that has been aged for ten years (11 percent ABV).
- Kasteel Rouge, a blend of Kasteel Donker and the flavor of cherry liqueur (8 percent ABV).
- Kasteel Tripel, a full-bodied tripel with 11 percent ABV.
- Fond Tradition Gueuze, a spontaneously fermented beer aged in oak casks for up to 2 years.
- St. Louis Premium Kriek, a sweet red beer made from traditional gueuze lambic that uses the pits of the Oblacinska cherries and is aged six months (3.2 percent ABV).
"The Van Honsebrouck family of beers has a long and prestigious history and the entire Global Beer Network team is honored to add their legendary beers to our portfolio,” said Steve Villani, president of Global Beer Network. “We are celebrating the 20th anniversary for Global Beer Network in 2014, and we plan to make the Van Honsebrouck beers a key part of our celebration!”
"We are looking to grow and are excited to partner with Global Beer Network to extend our reach," added Xavier Van Honsebrouck, CEO and owner of Brewery Van Honsebrouck. "It will give our brands a major boost in this very important market."
Van Honsebrouck is a brewery in Ingelmunster, Belgium, that was founded in 1865 as Sint-Jozef Brewery. It was renamed Brewery Van Honsebrouck in 1953.
Imported beers from Global Beer Network, including labels from Brewery Van Honsebrouck, are available in select bars and restaurants, and at craft beer retailers across the country.
Based in Middleton, Mass., Global Beer Network is the exclusive U.S. importer for eight award-winning Belgian breweries and one Czech brewery. The company imports nearly 60 beer labels, including the popular Gulden Draak, Wittekerke, Piraat, Petrus and Praga from the Czech Republic. Beer labels imported by Global Beer Network are available in restaurants, bars and liquor stores in 48 states (excluding Mississippi and Wyoming), Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
For more information, visit www.globalbeer.com.
# # #
Media Contacts for Global Beer Network:
Peridot Group Inc.
Kristi Arndt: 763-782-0265/cell, 612-803-0861
Mark Sejvar: 323-363-3530