GLOBAL BEER NETWORK TAKES SOUR BEER TO THE EXTREME
GLOBAL BEER NETWORK takes sour beer to the extreme with
Stupid silly sour
Limited Distribution Belgian Beer Offers 100 Percent "Mother Beer"
to Create an Exceptional Tart Sour Taste
WHAT: Stupid Silly Sour, one of the most sour beers on the market today, will be available for a limited time during August 2014 in bars in select cities across the country. Sour beer is characterized by an intentionally acidic, tart, sour taste. To create a sour beer, the sour "mother beer" is usually blended with a saison to create a blend with a slightly sour taste. Stupid Silly Sour offers 100 percent sour "mother beer" to push tartness to an extreme. It's a rare opportunity that sour beer aficionados won’t want to miss!
Sour beers have been a part of life in Belgium for centuries, but they are hotter than ever thanks to their delicious sour/tart flavor. Global Beer Network, the exclusive U.S. importer for ten award-winning breweries, has been leading the sour beer trend with one of the widest selections of sour beers in the U.S.
WHO: Global Beer Network is bringing Stupid Silly Sour to select cities during August 2014 WHEN: for exclusive opportunities for sour beer fans who want to taste one of the most sour beers available today.
Stupid Silly Sour is brewed by Brasserie de Silly. The brewery is located in Silly, a very small farmer's village in Wallonia, a region of southern Belgium known as the birthplace of the saison beer style. The original style of saison (meaning season) is a blend of two or three beers, with one of them being a slightly sour aged beer.
Please contact your preferred location listed below to obtain details on availability.
· Dunedin House of Beer, 927 A Broadway, www.dunedinhob.com or 727.216.6318
· Kickbacks Gastropub, 910 King St., https://www.facebook.com/kickbacksgastropub or 904.388.9551
· The Brass Tap, 1515 Town Center Drive, www.brasstapbeerbar.com/Lakeland or 863.680.9994
· Oblivion Taproom, 5101 E. Colonial Drive, obliviontaproom.com or 407.802.4800
· Redlight Redlight Beer Parlour, 2810 Corrine Drive, redlightredlightbeerparlour.com or 407.893.9832
· The Gnarly Barley, 7431 S. Orange Ave., www.thegnarlybarley.com or 407.854.4999
ST. PETERSBURG (LARGO)
· Willard's Tap House, 12500 Starkey Rd., www.willardstaphouse.com or 727.581.8600
· Legends Sports Pub, 1816 S. Osprey Avenue, http://www.legends-pub.net/ or 941.951.0990
· Sarasota World of Beer, 8217 Tourist Center Drive, worldofbeer.com/locations/sarasota or 941.306.5868
· Mr. Dunderbaks, 14929 Bruce B Downs Blvd., www.dunderbaks.com/ or 813.977.4104
· Independent Bar & Cafe, 5016 North Florida Ave., www.independentbartampa.com or 813.341.4883
· The Beer Market, www.the-beer-market.com
o Shaumburg, 888 N. Meacham, 847.517.8300
o Vernon Hills, Vernon Hills Town Center, 1270 S. Milwaukee Ave., 847.955.1900
· Fountainhead, 1970 W. Montrose Ave.,www.fountainheadchicago.com, 773.697.8204
· Hopleaf, 5148 N. Clark St., www.hopleaf.com, 773.334.9851
· Maproom, 1949 N. Hoyne, www.maproom.com, 773.252.7636
· Ann Arbor, 338 S. State Street, 734.996.9191
· Westland Mall, 7525 Wayne Rd., 734.525.1667
· Milford, 449 N. Main St., 248.977.0408
· Strange Ways, 2429 N Fitzhugh Ave.
www.facebook.com/Strangewaysdallas or 214.823.7800
· The Hay Merchant, 1100 Westheimer Rd.
www.haymerchant.com or 713.528.9805
· Nobi Public House, 241 E NASA Rd.
www.facebook.com/pages/Nobi-Public-House/350740171688975 or 832.932.5111
· Cafe Benelux, 346 N. Broadway, www.cafebenelux.com or 414.501.2500
· Cafe Centraal, 2306 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., (Bay View) www.cafecentraal.com or 414.755.0378
· Cafe Hollander - Downer, 2608 N. Downer Ave., www.cafehollander.com/downeravenue or 414.963.6366
· Cafe Hollander - Tosa, 7677 W. State Street (Wauwatosa), www.cafehollander.com/tosavillage or 414.475.6771
Other sour beers from Global Beer Network that are available at craft beer retailers across the country include: Monks Café, Petrus Aged Pale, Petrus Oud Bruin and Silly Sour. Learn more about Global Beer Network at www.globalbeer.com.
# # #
Based in Middleton, Mass., Global Beer Network is the exclusive U.S. importer for nine award-winning Belgian breweries and one Czech brewery. The company imports nearly 60 beer labels, including the popular Gulden Draak, Wittekerke, Piraat, Petrus and Praga from the Czech Republic. Beer labels imported by Global Beer Network are available in restaurants, bars and liquor stores in 48 states (excluding Mississippi and Wyoming), Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more information, visit www.globalbeer.com.
Media Contacts for Global Beer Network:
Peridot Group Inc.
Kristi Arndt: 763-782-0265/cell, 612-803-0861
Mark Sejvar: 323-363-3530