Bornem's Leek Soup Dijonaise
Makes 4 servings
- 16 oz of the white part of leek
- have 1 pint of chicken bouillon ready
- 2 spoons of butter
- 2 spoons of Country Dijon Mustard (Grey Poupon)
- 6 spoons of whipping cream
- 5 bottles of Bornem Triple Abbey Ale
- 1 spoon of fine chopped parsley
- pepper and salt
How to prepare:
- Cut the white of the leek in thin rings. Rinse well and let leak out.
- Melt the butter in the soup pot, and fry the leek rings until done.
- Add the bouillon and warm up until almost boiling.
- Add the mustard and the bottle of Bornem Double. Stir well and let it come to boiling.
- Cut the heat and add the cream, pepper and salt to taste. Stir.
- Scoop soup in bowl or soup plate. Garnish with the parsley. Let baguette bread be available.
- pour everybody a bottle of Bornem Triple Abbey Ale in the chalice glass.