Bornem Double Ostrich
Makes 4 servings:
- 1.5 pound of lean Ostrich steak
- 6 bottles of Bornem Double Abbey Ale 11.2 oz
- 4 spoons of tomato paste
- 1 laurel leaf (Bay leaves)
- have 8 oz of beef bouillon ready
- 6 spoons of fine chopped onion
- 6 spoons of fine chopped carrot
- 6 spoons of fine chopped white celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- 4 spoons of sunflower oil
- 1 spoon of fine chopped chive
- 1 knife point of sambal oelek (ground fresh chili paste)
- pepper and salt
How to prepare:
- cut the meet in cubic pieces. Heat sunflower oil in stew pot and add the meat. Turn the pieces around to get all sides baked. When this is done, lower the heat.
- add now the beef bouillon, the tomato paste, the chopped onion, carrot and celery, and the laurel leaf. Pour one bottle of Bornem Double in the pot.
- let the whole mix now stew for about 2 hours. Pour another bottle of the Bornem Double in the pot, about 15 minutes before the end of the stewing. At the same time add one teaspoon (maybe two, depending taste) of the Worcestershire sauce, and the sambal oelek.
- Cook now the liquid until it becomes thick. Add pepper and salt to taste.
Empty the pot on 4 plates. Straw the chives upon the meat. Serve cooked potato’s and apple sauce, or French cut green beans.
- Everybody deserves a cool glass of Bornem Double Abbey Ale, poured in the chalice glass.